I can't believe my sweet boy is already 1! It feels like it was just yesterday that I went into labor and gave birth to my beautiful Nico.
I'll never forget that day. It was a week before my due date; I had my nail and eye brow appointment and had plans to go to the pool all day with my sisters. I just wanted to be ready for the delivery day.
I remember waking up around 7:30ish to the most painful contraction. It felt like someone had stabbed me in the back, OUCH! I didn't want to wake David up, so I started to work on my breathing. The whole time I thought I was having just normal contractions, just like before. So, I started to walk back and forth from our room to Nico's room. It got to the point where I couldn't even walk anymore or even talk. I decided to wake up David so he could start timing the contractions. I was so afraid that I was going to have the LONGEST labor and didn't want to go through it laying on a bed. I tried bouncing on my big ball, taking a bath and the pain was soooooo not bearable anymore. All I remember after that is just getting ready really quick and heading down the stairs. I tried to grab something to eat because I had heard that you should eat something really big before you go to the hospital because once you get there you can't eat anything, but when I tried I about threw up. I was having back labor and sitting down was really painful. The whole 30 min drive to the hospital consisted of my hitting the dashboard and maybe saying a couple of bad words...sorry :)
When the nurse checked me I was already dilated to a 7. I wanted to go natural but the pain was too strong. I just cried till the epidural started to work its magic!
Then, before I knew it at 11:43 am on Friday, August 21st, 2009 my boy was laid on my stomach for me to take a look at him! What an AMAZING feeling that was! Words can't even explain that feeling. You just feel amazing all around: physically, emotionally, and spiritually!
I have LOVED every minute of this journey! I remember a lot of people told me that I should send him to the nursery the first night so that I could sleep. But I just couldn't do it! What if he needed me and I wasn't there?! Even now I have a hard time leaving him. It's really not even an option for us to leave him. We have a lot more fun when the three of us are together.
**
I was sooo excited for Nico's birthday! I woke up early on Saturday and waited for him to wake up! He would smile so big every time someone would tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
We went to dinner with the office at the Depot, pretty nice place! David got Nico's some balloons and he was so THRILLED!
We were so glad that everyone could make it! Nico had a blast!
David thought that he should cut the cake before we sang happy birthday! :) Good thing I caught him in the middle of it.
Jenny made Nico this awesome chucho string. He loves it! Thank you so much!
ADORABLE!
THANK YOU ALL THAT CAME TO DINNER AND FOR THE GIFTS! YOU MADE NICO'S BIRTHDAY AN AWESOME ONE!
Since David had to work all day Saturday, we decided we'd take Nico to a fun park on Sunday after church and a loooong nap :)
This ride was faster than what we thought. We couldn't stop laughing! Nico loved it!
We kind of met up with Whitney, Mike and their kids!
Aren't our boys soo gorgeous?!
Daddy's turn!
On our way home...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best boy ever! We love you so so so so much and you make mami and dadda oh so very happy! We can't even imagine what life would be without you or how we went so long without you! You're the best thing that happened to us! :)
**
Nico's highlights:
1. He is pretty much walking. He walks more than crawling
2. He talks a lot
3. He can say mami, dadda, alla (there in spanish), there
4. He can dance and has great rythm
5. He ate his own poop on Friday and didn't like it
6. He is really good with sharing
7. He is very passionate
8. AND he is the best boy who ever lived in the whole wide world :)


















Hermosas las fotos, como lo quiero por favor, y muero por verlo!! Como me torturan, un mes mas, no se si aguanto!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete